We welcome volunteers of all ages and backgrounds to join us in our efforts to help improve the lives of those in need in our community.
You can volunteer for as little as 1 hr/week. Here’s how:
- Making home visits – You and another Vincentian can visit a home in Dallas area any day that is convenient for you and the Client. This takes no more than 1 hr.
- Client Interview – This is an interview with you and the Client at St. Monica’s. We interview Clients on Mon, Wed and Fri between 9am and 12pm. The process takes no longer than 2 hours. Client Interviews are also available for 2 hrs on Tuesday evenings at the church, at your convenience.
- Helplines – St. Monica maintains help lines in Spanish and English and you review the messages and call the Clients back. You then schedule a church or home visit on our computer database. This can be done from your home. No need to come to the church.
- Spanish Language – If you speak Spanish, we need your help. Occasionally, our volunteers will interview Clients and need a translator that we can patch into the conversation, because some clients only speak Spanish. This doesn’t occur very often, but is greatly appreciated.
- Weekly Meetings – We meet every Monday night of the year at 6pm and try to keep the meeting to 1 hr. Here, we discuss the week’s Clients and make decisions.
If you would like to volunteer, please email Marilyn Hicks